The District recently received a $2500 grant from The Onion Foundation to fund a roving Courtesy Boat Inspector. Invasive plant species can be easily moved between lakes, and boat inspectors inspect boats at the landing for invasive plant material before they enter the water. Some lakes in Maine have their own boat inspectors, but many, including lakes on state owned land, do not. The District has teamed up with the Hancock County Lakes Association to run a trial roving boat inspector program for the summer, in order to get inspectors out to lakes that are not normally monitored. A part-time worker will be hired to do much of the monitoring, and volunteers will also conduct inspections. The District is working hard to protect our lakes in innovative ways!
- 2021 (Remote) Local Working Group Meeting and Survey
- District Supervisor Election voting will be open from Monday, Nov. 15, 2021 to Monday, Dec. 6, 2021 at 4 p.m.
- ~ This Position Has Been Filled: Courtesy Boat Inspector for Summer 2021 ~
- ~ Free Soil Testing Program for 2021 ~
- ~Forest Roads, Forestry and Farm Workshop – Go to ‘Events’ on Our Home Page to Register~
Thank you for your support of the natural resources of Hancock County