HCSWCD seeks an Associate to provide administrative, communications and public relations support to the Executive Director. Office operations, data entry, record keeping, event coordination and communications experience preferred with excellent computer skills necessary. 32 hours per week depending on seasonal work load. Ellsworth office. Resumes accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to our office.
The Hancock County Soil and Water Conservation District provides local conservation leadership, encourages conservation efforts, and helps to plan and implement voluntary programs. We conserve clean water and healthy soil by working alongside willing landowners to implement incentive-based voluntary conservation practices. District programs focus on polluted runoff, habitat restoration, citizen science, and education.
Provide administrative, communications and public relations support to the HCSWCD Executive Director in order to advance the District’s long-term goals and short-term priorities.
- A strong interest in conservation or agriculture
- Administrative office management experience
- Computer skills including data entry in payroll and accounting applications
- Above-average writing skills for press releases, newspaper articles and newsletters
- Experience in maintaining website and Facebook information
- Event planning, promotion and coordinating experience
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proposed work schedule of 4-5 days per week of 6-8 hours each.
- 32 hours per week depending on seasonal work load.
- $14-16/hr commensurate with skills and experience.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintain Office operations
- Assist walk-in clients and record all client activities.
- Check mail, answer phone and manage general email.
- Make bank deposits as needed.
- Distribute outreach material by mail or in person as needed.
- Organize bulletin board and brochure rack and restock as needed.
- Order office supplies
- Keep office clean and inviting
- Maintain Data Entry & Record Keeping
- Enter payroll data and submit hours to payroll service
- Enter data to track project labor, expense, and grant deliverables.
- Coordinate invoicing for various projects to the correct organization.
- Maintains adequate records and prepares various reports for Executive Director.
- Support Board Activities
- Attend board meetings.
- Send out meeting information in a timely manner.
- Write and revise board meeting minutes.
- Maintain board business files.
- Assist election officer prepare for supervisor elections (including creating ballots, public notice for elections, ballot box and voting information at the office, sending out requested ballots to cooperators)
- Coordinate District Events & Programs
- Promote, coordinate, host, and evaluate education, training, and workshops for natural resource issues with partners as assigned by executive director.
- Coordinate special events like the HCSWCD Annual Meeting, Blue Hill Fair, Ag Trade Show, Sportsman’s Show, Read ME Ag Day, Trout Sale, Aquatic Species Monitoring Week, Envirothon Regional, NRCS Local Working Group,.
- Serve on other event and program committees when requested by Executive Director.
- Coordinate activities for Earth Team Volunteers.
- Coordinate Communications & Public Relations Activities
- Write and submit press releases on various District programs.
- Assist with writing articles and putting together the District Newsletters.
- Keep District Facebook page updated with news, sales, events and other important information.
- Post information to the district website/blog as needed.
- Assist with preparing the Spring Newsletter and Email Marketing.